Evangelical Church of Christ the Redeemer
The church of the community of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession was built between 1876 and 1877 in the Old Town, nearby the Castle. The construction was a result of a constantly growing number of the members of the church in Olsztyn. This was also the cause of the later expansion of the building.
This red-brick building was constructed according to the Neo-Gothic style. A characteristic feature of the plain body of the building is a frieze under the roof. Another external architectural decorative element is a wimperg over the main entrance – it is a decorative trim in the shape of a lofty triangle.
Inside, within the presbytery, there is a main altar in the shape of a cross. It is one of the elements of modest furnishings, along with the pipe organ located on the matroneum, and stained glass.
Over the body of the building there is a 43m-high clock tower. The three bells hung there were made in the 1920s. According to the records, the original bells were taken during WWI and re-melted into cannons.